If you are concern whether Buddyrider can fit your bicycle, please download the instruction for measuring your bike.
Will Buddyrider fit my bike?
Read instructions carefully before placing a pet in this seat. Failure to follow these instructions could result in serious injury.
By attaching the Buddyrider pet seat to a bicycle you are acknowledging that you have read and understand the warnings and instructions,
and understand the inherent dangers that may be associated with transporting a pet on a bicycle.
Only experienced adult cyclists, who are very confident in their abilities as a rider should transport a pet using this seat.
to download the printable copy of the instructions.
Steps 1 through 7 should never need to be re-done unless the pet seat is mounted on a different size bicycle, in which case the four small screws may have to be re-located in different holes to adjust the length.
Safety Harness - Install and connect as shown
- Assemble the seat by raising the front platform and securing the center support arm with one of the supplied screws and a washer.
- Attach the metal bar to your bicycle seat post. There must be at least 1¾ inches of post exposed below the seat to make this connection. Keep this connection as high up the seat post as possible. This will give the rider more legroom when peddling.
- Position the pet seat on the metal bar as far forward as possible without causing any interference with the steering post or handle bars of the bicycle.
- Make a small pencil mark on the metal bar right behind the pet seat.
- Remove the pet seat and also the metal bar using the quick release pin.
- Position the pet seat on the metal bar in the same position as it was while on the bicycle and turn both of them upside down. Slide the pet seat along the metal bar as if to cover the pencil mark until four of the drill holes simultaneously line up with the screw sockets on the bottom of the pet seat.
- Using four of the screws and washers provided, mount the pet seat to the metal bar. Make sure all four screws are in position before tightening.
- Install the assembled pet seat to the bicycle using the quick release pin and be sure to secure that with the cotter pin provided or a small pad lock.
Your pet must be secured in the seat at all times using the safety harness provided.
Just like a seat belt on a child car seat, this harness is designed to limit unnecessary movement so your pet remains in a safe position to enjoy the ride.
- Place your pet in the seat in a sitting position as far back in the seat as possible.
- Connect and position the rear buckle over your pet's shoulders and adjust the rear straps equally.
- Position the collar strap around your pet's neck so it is just below your pet's own collar. Connect the front buckle and adjust the collar strap to size.
- When your pet is in the sitting position with their front legs along the upper platform or straight down, adjust the front straps equally so your pet is restrained from standing.
If you have any questions or concerns about the safety, installation and proper use of the Buddyrider pet seat, please contact us at: email@example.com or drop us a message at our facebook page